Everything Cakes and More

I have a serious addiction to cakes and everything that comes with them! I have been baking and decorating cakes for almost 12 years now for all kinds of occassions! I like to make all kinds of confections with baking and candy making that I will post here too. I mostly create for family and friends but if you have someone or are someone who likes what you see and would like a specialty cake, I would be glad to help! I also do lots of cakes for friends of a friend too. Please have a look around and I hope you enjoy my creations as much as I do!



Monday, February 18, 2013

Curious George Birthday


This cake was fun to make and very nostalgic. Leo decided he wanted a blue cake with George on it with balloons. Here's what we came up with. To make it blue we did a jello poke cake, which my mom used to make for me and my sisters for birthday cakes when we were young. This is where the nostalgia comes in. He wanted it blue so we used blue berry jello, where as I remember always getting lime or lemon, but the results were the same. Very colorful, moist, and delicious! I filled it with whipped cream, iced with buttercream, and George is made out of gum paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment